Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Battlestar Galactica

If you are not watching this, you have got to start. Dumbfoundingly good.

A couple of years ago, my husband asked me if I wanted to watch the Miniseries, and I was like, Ha ha ha, good one. So he watched it alone. And after he was done, I asked "Who was the woman with the short blonde hair working on the fighter jet?" He said, "That's Starbuck." And that was enough for me. Try the miniseries, if you don't like it, you're only out a couple of hours. And if you do, you'll be thrilled. I don't know anyone who doesn't like it. An amazing ensemble cast, great writing, characters, and plots, great production values.

The show is produced and written by former Star Trek writers who were interested in writing a show that had a more realistic view of life in space than Star Trek. The producers talk about how Star Fleet (in Star Trek) is all spic-and-span, how everyone has the "Star Fleet walk" with their chests out and their shoulders back. They thought that when you're on a real naval vessel at sea for months, things aren't always in tip-top shape, people get stir-crazy, things break. They wanted to show that side.

Make sure you start with the Miniseries, and don't miss Razor (after Season 3).

Battlestar Galactica
Miniseries from netflix
Miniseries from Amazon

No comments: