Sunday, January 18, 2009

Johnson & Johnson First Aid Burn Cooling Patches

Completely amazing. Every should home should have these.

I burned my finger on a 350 degree Fahrenheit cookie tray yesterday. It hurt like crazy. All I could do was keep my finger in water, and as soon as I took it out, I would start whimpering from the pain. And I got one of these on my finger and it totally stopped the pain. It's a wet gel pad, surrounded by some very effective adhesive. So you're effectively keeping the burn in water, but you can move around and do things, rather than having to sit still for the next 12 hours. By nighttime when I took it off, my finger had completely stopped hurting. It looks like I'm going to lose the top layer of skin, but for how much it hurt, I'm amazed at how little damage there is. A little tricky to apply the first time - I was too wound up to read the instructions properly and had to have my husband do it. But I'll be able to do it easily next time.

I bought mine at Target. Seriously, the next time you're at a drug store, you should buy some to keep on hand. I've also used and loved Spenco's 2nd Skin Moist Burn Pads, which you attach with tape.

Johnson & Johnson First Aid Burn Cooling Patches
Available from Amazon

No comments: